How to Organize Time?
Another successor to the Companion, ‘Ata ibn Abi Rabah understood the purpose of creation and thus was heedful of his accountability to Allah. He methodically organized his time since childhood.
- Born as a slave, his first concern was serving his owner. He performed all of his chores as quickly and skillful as possible, so that none could say that he was lazy or negligent.
- He also reserved an equal portion of his time to worship Allah, so he could devote himself to prayer alone during this portion of the day.
- Finally, he reserved a portion of ihs time for learning and seeking knowledge. He sought out the remaining venerable Companions of the Prophet sallahu alyihi sallam.
- Extraordinary degree of self-control which never granted him an opportunity for self indulgence.
- He was exacting in how he spent his time, and would net waste it on frivolous actions or speech.
Entry filed under: AlHuda. Tags: .