Then one of the two women came to him walking with shyness. She said, “Indeed, my father invites you that he may reward you for having watered for us.” So when he came to him and related to him the story, he said, “Fear not. You have escaped from the wrongdoing people.” [Al Qasas:25]
Upon reading this verse a discussion began regarding the nobility of being modest. It is so noble that Allah (swt) has mentioned it in the Qur’an. Allah (swt) mentions that she was walking with shyness; this shows that your walk is a reflection of who you truly are as a person. How is it that one can be modest in their speech? Below are some points:
- When talking to the opposite gender remember to be precise
- There is no need to say anything extra
- Do not use too many hand movements or facial expressions that may attract extra unwanted attention
- Make sure your language is not too vulgar or rude
- Do not keep eye contact for a long time; remember to lower your eyes.
- Be careful of your posture. Some types of body postures give off the wrong impressions.
Entry filed under: AlHuda.